Assign options to products
Before your options display on your store, you'll need to assign them to products.
Here, we'll explain a few different ways to assign options to products, so you can decide what suites your needs best. Follow the steps below to get started.
1. Once you have set up an Option Set, click on Assign Options to Products.
2. Within the drop down menu, you will have the option to choose from different identifiers, such as Tag, Vendor, Type, URL, and Handle.
- The Tag identifier is useful when you'd like to assign your options to products that have a certain tag set in Shopify.
- The Vendor identifier is useful when you'd like to assign your options to all products within a certain vendor.
- The Type identifier is useful if there is a specific type of product you'd like to assign your options to.
- The URL identifier is useful when there is only one product you'd like to assign your options to.
- The Handle identifier is useful when you'd like a shortened version of the URL. For example, my product's URL is https://noahsstore-2.myshopify.com/products/shirt, which means the handle is shirt.
3. Once you've selected an identifier, enter the text that matches the products you are looking for. You can create additional rules by clicking on Assign Options to Other Products.
4. Save your changes.
Note: Options may take a few minutes to display on your storefront once you've saved your changes.