Get started with Blog Studio
Welcome to Blog Studio!
Blog Studio allows you to create fully formatted, customizable, and responsive blog articles for your Shopify store.
- Blog Studio Dashboard
- Edit an existing article
- Create a new article
- Customize Section and Box layouts
- Adding content
Blog Studio Dashboard
Upon installing the app, you will be directed to the app's dashboard. This is where you will manage your blog posts. We already bring in your existing Shopify blogs and their articles, so you can edit them directly from the app.
You can select which blog's articles you would like to work with by clicking on the drop-down menu next to the search bar:
There will be 5 icons next to each article listed on your dashboard for each article:
- The gear icon will open up your article's settings
- The pencil icon takes you to the article editor, where you can customize its content
- The eye icon will let you view your blog directly on your live store
- The article icon will let you duplicate your article
- The trash icon will let you delete your article [NOTE: deleting an article on Blog Studio will delete it from your Shopify store]
Clicking on the gear icon opens up the article's Additional Settings. Here, you can control the various aspects of the article, just like Shopify's native article editor.
Edit an existing article
To start customizing and creating awesome articles, you can either click on the pencil icon next to one of your existing articles, or click on the New Article button near the top right corner of your screen.
If you click on the pencil icon on a article that you've already created on your Shopify store, it will bring you straight to the Article Editor.
At the top of the screen, you'll see:
- an arrow icon that will take you back to the Blog Studio Dashboard.
- the Hide Menu button, that hides the sidebar menu on the right hand side of the page, so that you can see your article in its entirety.
- the View button to view how your article will look on your live store. This will only appear when any changes have been saved.
- the Preview Draft button will let you see how the article will look even if it is not published on your Shopify store.
- the Save button for saving whatever changes you make to your article. Hitting this button will allow you to View your article afterwards.
Create a new article
In this example, we will start off by adding an article. You would do so by clicking on the New Article at the top right side of your Blog Studio dashboard.
To start, you will be prompted to choose a name for your article, the author, and which blog you'd like to add the article to:
Next, you can select from some Page Templates that you can work off of or you can select Sections that you can use to start from scratch. My Sections will hold any sections you create and save for use on any other pages.
Sections act like canvases for your article where you can add content to. You can add as many as you need.
Once you select a section or article template, you will be taken to the Article Editor.
If you'd like to add a new section to your article, click on the New Section button (located within the side-bar menu's Page tab).
Customize Section and Box layouts
If you'd like to edit the vertical position or height of your section, you click on the gear icon that appears at the top left corner of each section when you hover over them, as shown below.
Within the article, you'll see that your section may have multiple boxes, which are simply horizontal areas that you can add content to. In the example image below, you'll see that the space used has three boxes.
If you'd like to edit the width or background content of your boxes, you would click on the gear icon that appears at the bottom of each box when you hover over it.
Add content to your article
Within each of these boxes, you can add content blocks within them. You can select the different block types using the drop down within the Blocks tab on the sidebar menu. Then, you can drag the one you want onto the article.
Many of the content blocks that you can add to your articles will contain a text or button. If you click or highlight any text or buttons on your article editor, you will see a black toolbar appear at the top of your editor.
This toolbar will allow you to edit the block content in various ways, such as changing the font, adding a hyperlink, changing the color of your block, and more.
Each content block will have a series of four buttons. The first will let you drag and reposition the block, the second icon will open up the code editor for that specific block, the third icon will let you duplicate a block, and the fourth icon will delete the block. Certain content blocks will replace the code editor icon with a gear icon, allowing you to access some additional settings for the block.
Putting It all together
- Sections will act as a canvas where you can organize content from the top to the bottom of your articles.
- Boxes will be areas within your spaces where you can organize content horizontally.
- Blocks will be the actual features that you add to your boxes, such as text, images, videos, buttons, forms, etc.
Once you've completed your designing your article, click on the Save button at the top of the screen. If you'd like the see the updated article on your storefront, click on the View button.
For additional features and assistance, check out the Blog Studio help docs, or contact our customer support at email@example.com.
And that's it! You're all set to start creating beautiful blogs for your Shopify store ✌️