Assigning Upload Fields: Excluding a few products
Uploadery allows assigning upload fields to multiple products, but in some cases, you will want to display upload fields on most of your products while excluding a few. Creating the same Option Set for many products one-by-one may not be the best option.
Luckily, there is a workaround that can easily be done to display upload fields on most of your products. Since Uploadery allows you to assign upload fields by product tags, you can create tags for your products. Then add the same tag to all the products that need the same upload field, and ignore the products that don't need the upload fields.
Follow the steps below to assign upload fields with this workaround.
1. Starting from your Shopify dashboard, click on the Products page.
2. On the left-hand side, there will be a checkbox next to each product on your store.
You can do one of the following:
- Click on the checkboxes next to each product that needs the upload fields.
- Click on the checkbox located next to the Product header and unselect each checkbox next to each product that does not need upload fields.
3. After selecting the products that need upload fields, you can click on More Actions, and then Add tags.
4. Enter a new and descriptive tag to assign your products with, and then click Save. Shopify will let you know when it has successfully added the tag with the message at the bottom of your screen.
For more information about bulk actions using Shopify shortcuts, you can click here for more information.
5. Afterwards, head to the Uploadery dashboard and select Option Sets within the navigation menu, you can then create upload fields and assign to products for that new product tag that you just created.
You can use the Preview matching products feature that displays under the Option Set's assignment to see the products that have this tag.
6. Save your changes! 🎉