Uploadery: Assign upload fields to products
In order for upload fields to appear on your store, you'll need to assign them to products using the Uploadery dashboard.
Here, we'll explain a few different ways to assign upload fields to products, so you can decide what suits your needs best. Follow the steps below to get started.
You can also check out the following video - it refers to our Infinite Options app, but the process remains the same for Uploadery.
1. Once you have created an Upload Set, you'll see a section in light-blue where you can specify which of your product pages that you would like this upload field to appear for.
2. Within the drop down menu within the light-blue box, you will have the option to choose from different identifiers, such as Tag, Vendor, Type, URL, and Handle.
- The Tag identifier is useful when you'd like to assign your upload fields to products that have a certain tag set in Shopify. Click here to learn how to add tags to your products.
- The Vendor identifier is useful when you'd like to assign your upload fields to all products within a certain vendor.
- The Type identifier is useful if there is a specific type of product you'd like to assign your upload fields to.
- The URL identifier is useful when there is only one product you'd like to assign your upload fields to.
- The Handle identifier is useful when you'd like a shortened version of the URL. For example, my product's URL is https://noahsstore-2.myshopify.com/products/shirt, which means the handle is shirt.
3. Once you've selected an identifier, enter the text that matches the products you are looking for. You will see how many product pages that will display the upload fields right below that.
4. You can create additional rules to specify exactly which product pages you would like to assign the upload fields for by clicking on AND and OR on the right.
- AND works best for displaying upload fields on products that includes all of the assignments.
- OR works best for displaying upload fields on products with any of the assignments.
In the example below, we are assigning upload fields only to Sweaters or Running Shoe Type products that have a Tag of Nike.
Check out the video below to learn more about the AND & OR feature.
The app showcased below is the Infinite Options app, but the process remains the same.
5. Save your changes.
Upload fields may take a few minutes to display on your storefront once you've saved your changes.