Assigning Options: Excluding a few products
Infinite Options allows assigning options to multiple products, but in some cases, you will want to display options on most of your products while excluding a few. Creating the same Option Set for many products one-by-one may not be the best option. Alternatively, using Infinite Options' Quick Start feature may not be efficient if you have hundreds of products available on your store.
Luckily, there is a workaround that can easily be done to display options on most of your products. Since Infinite Options allows you to assign options by product tags, you can create tags for your products. Then add the same tag to all the products that need the same options, and ignore the products that don't need the options.
Follow the steps below to assign options with this workaround.
1. Starting from your Shopify dashboard, click on the Products page.
2. On the left-hand side, there will be a checkbox next to each product on your store.
You can do one of the following:
- Click on the checkboxes next to each product that needs the options.
- Click on the checkbox located next to the Product header and unselect each checkbox next to each product that does not need options.
3. After selecting the products that need options, you can click on More Actions, and then Add tags.
4. Enter a new and descriptive tag to assign your products with, and then click Save. Shopify will let you know when it has successfully added the tag with the message at the bottom of your screen.
For more information about bulk actions using Shopify shortcuts, you can click here for more information.
5. Afterwards, head to the Infinite Options app and navigate to the Option Sets section in the left sidebar, you can then create options and assign to products for that new product tag that you just created.
You can use the Preview matching products feature that displays under the Option Set's assignment to see the products that have this tag.
6. Save your changes! 🎉