Create options for products
Options are set up and managed through the app's dashboard.
Follow these step-by-step instructions to learn how to create options for your products, or check out the tutorial video below:
1. Starting from the Infinite Options dashboard, you can use the Quick Start feature to help get you situated quickly. Click on this link here will show you how that process works.
Otherwise, you can click on the Create Option Set button to create some options from scratch.
Note: Infinite Options will sync your entire product catalogue while on the dashboard, to which it will display Catalogue Sync Complete when the process is completed.
2. After clicking on the Create Option Set button, you can click on and edit the Option Set 1 text to name this Option Set, which is helpful for organization.
3. Start off by entering a Label, which will be the text that will appear above the option field on the storefront product page. It will act as a title for your option.
Clicking on the black arrow or Label will display the option's configuration menu as well.
Clicking on the ⓘ icon next to any field on the dashboard will bring up information detailing what the field is used for.
4. The next step is to set the Field Name for your option. This will be the text that appears at the cart summary screen, checkout, and the order details page showing what the customer selected for this option.
For example, in the image below of a Shopify store's Cart Summary screen, Name, Notes, Age, etc. are all examples of the Field Name. You will want to make sure that your field names are all unique values to prevent any confusion from yourself or your customers.
5. Next, select an Input Type for the option. You can choose from a Text, Large Text, Number, Radio Button, Checkbox, or Drop-down Menu option type.
Each will have their own series of configurations - click here to learn more about any configuration settings for the input types.
6. Click on Show Advanced Options hyperlink to see more advanced controls, different for each Input Type.
The features that will be present for input types will be the following:
- Class name: Used for custom coding. You may leave this blank if you don't plan on using any code to adjust the option field.
- Required Fields: Toggle this on to make the option field necessary to fill out before the customer can add the product to their cart.
- Conditional Logic (only available for the paid version of Infinite Options): Enable logic to make certain option fields appear or disappear depending on the selections made on other fields. You can check out this link to learn more about this feature: Click here!
7. After completing the option's configurations, you can head back to the light-blue section near the top of the Option Set. Specify the products you'd like the options to display on by defining an assignment rule. Click here to learn more about assigning your options to your products.
8. You can create as many custom option fields within your Option Set by clicking on the Add Another Custom Field button.
9. Save your changes.
Note: Options may take a few minutes to display on your storefront once you've saved your changes. If your options are still not displaying on products after a few minutes, you may need to follow the installation process explained in this article.