Infinite Options: Gift Wrapping Add-on Example
Infinite Options allows for many different use cases. In this scenario, we'll be showcasing how to offer an up-charge gift wrapping option as an add-on to your main products.
For a refresher on how to create and assign options with the app, we recommend checking out these helpful guides: Click here to learn more about creating options and click here to learn more about assigning options!
1. We'll start out by creating an option set assigned to your main product that needs the gift wrapping option. Make sure to label your option set so you know which existing option set is which for future use.
2. Add a descriptive Label suggesting customers can gift wrap their product.
3. Change the Field Name value from infinite_options_1 to something more descriptive. Be sure to keep the Field Name values unique, as they will overwrite each other if they match. In this example, the field name is: Gift Wrap.
4. Change the Input Type to Swatches.
5. In the Option Values section, write a descriptive option value telling customers that the gift wrapping option is an extra charge in addition to the main product.
6. You will see an add image icon to the left of the option value. Click on the icon. To attach an image, you can click on Image Upload. Click on Choose File to upload your image.
Note: The maximum file upload size is 1 Megabyte. Also, square images are the best for your swatches.
8. Save your changes for the swatch image and also on the Infinite Options dashboard!
9. Create a Gift Wrapping Product on the Shopify Products page. Make sure to include an image for display purposes along with adding the appropriate price for the product. The add-on product must be available on the Online Store Channel in order for the product bundling feature to work properly.
9. Next, go back to Infinite Options dashboard and find your Option Set. Click on the price tag icon next to the option value.
9. Locate the Gift Wrapping product and then click Add.
10. Click on the Done button to bundle the add-on product to the option value.
11. Click on Show Advanced Options (underneath the Add Another Option Value button) and select Yes for the Allow Multiple Selections Field. That way, the swatch is not automatically selected when customers view your product page.
12. Save your changes and view your product page now! If you would like to customize the look of your swatch, click here to learn more! 🎉
Seeing strange text on the cart page under your product and add-on products (e.g. io_)? Click here to learn how to hide them.